Our mission is to foster good governance and the rule of law as basic qualities of successful democratic societies and market economies. We help institutions plan, manage, and implement constructive change to:
- Operate under transparent rules that safeguard rights of individuals, stimulate economic growth, and guard against unethical or corrupt practices;
- Promote stability and the rule of law;
- Provide fair and timely access to justice;
- Ensure the efficient and effective delivery of services to the public; and
- Increase opportunities for citizens to participate in the political and economic decisions that affect their lives.
Our work advances American interests in numerous ways. Increasing stability and reducing conflict not only decreases the risks of attacks on American interests and institutions, but also reduces the drivers of migration. On the investment side, the stronger the rule of law, the more confident American and other investors are and therefore the more likely they are to invest in developing economies. This investment not only boosts American companies’ bottom line and creates jobs, but it also improves economic indicators in the developing and post-conflict countries where we do our work - and this in turn increases stability. Investing in developing economies is therefore a virtuous circle, doing good for nations and individuals overseas while advancing our own interests.
In the provision of international development services, Tetra Tech carefully measures the impacts of our work, both to advise our clients and donors and to continually improve how we do business. For more information on Tetra Tech and the International Development Services Group, please visit tetratech.com.
"The Macedonia Court Modernization Project was Macedonia's most successful judicial reform project, due to the willingness of the [Tetra Tech] team to be as helpful as possible, the quality of expertise marshaled for the project, and the relevance of the advice they provided."
-Chief Justice of Macedonia,
"Evaluation Report of the Macedonia Court Modernization
Project," Mitchell Group